paint costs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: paint costs
From: miker15@juno.com (michael j robson)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 15:51:41 EST
I need the wisdom of the list here - I have been having a HELL of a job
getting any quotes to paint my 69 - most shops are too busy to be
bothered and the very earliest i can find is early april.
The other "unknown" factor is whether the cost is anywhere close to what
it should be- - the last time i got paint done it came out at around
$1000 with my doing the prep and all the disassembly/rebuilding - this
time the best i have found is between $2500 and $3000 - again with my
doing all the disassembly/rebuilding but including the cost of having the
car sandblasted (575)
Anyone in the North East had this done recently? what was your
experience?

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]