Synthetic Grease

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Synthetic Grease
From: "Henry D. Reynolds" <hdr@ross.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 00:32:01 -0600
Any one ever tried this stuff on Knock-offs? Is it thik enough not to
centrifuge out of the spoke holes and down my spokes?

>(Richard Peterson) wrote:

> Give your local Dupont Performance Lubricants salesman a call.  Dupont
> makes a line of synthetic greases under the Krytox brand name which use a
> PFPE (perfluoropolyether) oil thickened with PTFE (Teflon).  It is rated
> for continuous use up to 260 degrees celcius and down to forty below zero
> and is chemically inert, so it won't react with anything which may come
> into contact with it (gas, liquid or solid).  I think the GPL-225 would
> probably meet your needs, but something thicker (GPL-226) might be good,
> too.  You should be able to get a 'sample' tube of this stuff for about $10
> or less.  I've never used it on a distributor, but I imagine it would
> proably work well.  Check out:
> http://www.lubricants.dupont.com/kprodinf.html.  If you need info on other
> greases, let me know.
>
> Rich P.

-- 72B, 77B, 73-4pieces.
- If we aren't supposed to eat animals than why are they made of meat?
Henry D. Reynolds           hdr@jump.net
FONE: (512)448-3617         3205 Clawson Rd. Austin, TX. 78704