Re: lonely

To: Nory@webtv.net (Nory), mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: lonely
From: transerv@sprynet.com
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 17:14:06 -0800 (PST)
Me too Nory, and just when I had some more questions about the new midget.

My lovely wife used her considerable artistic skills to revive the shredded top
on my new midget this after noon.  I went to the friendly home depot and bought
a rectangle of almost clear plastic hallway runner.  The lady that sold it too
me was an ex LBCer.  She asked why I would only want 16" of runner, and when I
told her it was for a 74 MG Midget, she smiled and said the dumbest thing she
had ever done was sell her 1500 Spitfire.

Anyway, my wife the artistic craftperson drug her hot glue gun out and patched
in the plastice where the quarter windows used to be and fixed four or five
other rips, backing them up on the inside with additional plastic.

I replaced the air cleaners, gotta buy some new elements quick, and topped off
the oil (added some Marvel Mystery).  The rear SU has tape around the plug at
the top where the dampers are oiled, and I'm a little leary of taking it off,
lest I uncover a broken dashpot or something.  Anybody got an extra dashpot and
cap (with plunger, etc.) they want to sell cheap?  I'll send the $ in advance.

Well, glad to see some are back on the list, hope it wasn't a major problem
with
MJB, but I didn't get the Triumph or MG digest either.

Robert Houston
74 Midget, Has a name now KATY!..due to the new NM license plates KTY 074!