Hood (TOP) /Tonneau cover cleaner

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hood (TOP) /Tonneau cover cleaner
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 09:02:45 -0600
Some time ago there was a thread about the best substance to clean your
hood. I didn't pay too much attention at the time because I rarely put
the top up, and being black it doesn't show the little smudges. Armor
All or similar product cleaned the obvious dirt off.

Horrors, the Healy I just bought came with a pristine white hood. There
were also two  tonneau covers to match. The tonneau covers were folded
and thrown in the boot with the usual result. Both were pretty dirty and
had some dirt spots that won't come off with the stuff I have.

All I remember is that I associated the stuff with being available at
Home Depot. I planned to look into it when I got a round tuit, but that
never happened.

Can anyone or the original poster help?

2nd problem:

While I am on the subject. There used to be a dash plaque in the middle
of the dash. It left a residue of glue that I can't get off. I have
tried a product called OOPS! which was made for died latex based paint,
but works great on labels and such, and charcoal lighter fluid which is
also a good solvent. At the shop I used both water and naphtha, but none
of the above worked.

Other than buying a large digital clock and sticking it over the glue,
does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jack