Re: Speedometer Removal

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Speedometer Removal
From: stuart farmer <k7wf@kalama.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 13:00:08 -0800
At 09:36 AM 2/24/98 -0500, you wrote:
>How do you remove the speedometer from a '80 roadster. I am attempting
>to replace a frozen up one with a spare from a '79 model. Does the bezel
>and ring come off ? I disconnected the cable, the light, and took out
>the two screws on the back side but could not go any further. Any advice
>will be greatly appreciated. Thank, Joe Tripp
>'80 & '75 roadsters
>
>JOE, The following is from Hanes Manual:

To remove speedometer (USA & Canada) remove the LH lower facia panel (3 screws)
and detach the speedometer cable from the instrument.
Press the instrument in and turn it clockwise 30 degrees, aligning the studs
on the instrument with the facia cut-outs.
remove the instrument and disconnect the wires. Pull out the bulb holder, and
remove the spring.
I did this years ago, but have not had occasion to do it recently.
Hope this helps......Cheerio...Stuart....'79MGB
Stuart Farmer
2724 Florida St.
Longview,WA 98632         k7wf@kalama.com
Tel: 360-423-1769