Oil Pump

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oil Pump
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 13:16:16 EST
<<Thanks for the reply.  As it turns out, I may
remove the oil pump to replace it with the
high-performance version anyway.  Compression and
bottom end seem fine, though I might change
big-end bearings while I'm at it just because I'm
down there.

Do you think the high-volume oil pumps are worth
it, or are the stock pumps sufficient?  Any
thoughts would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Andy>>

Good plan to change the bearings! Be sure to measure the crank for taper or
you will be wasting your time.
If you just drive the car on the street you don't need the high output pump.
If you run it around 6000 all the time, it is worthwhile. If so, make sure you
have an oil cooler (didn't notice if you have a 'B' or an 'A')

Bill S.