Re: Battery Storage

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: Battery Storage
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 22:00:48 EST
On Wed, 25 Feb 1998 20:25:28 EST DANMAS@aol.com writes:
>Nils,
>I can't argue with you on that, BUT!! it is awfully nice to have a
>loose
>battery around from time to time, as you restore a car, for testing
>electrical
>components as you repair them, and for sorting out various electrical
>problems.  It's often much more convenient to have a battery on your
>workbench, rather than having to go out to the car.  Also, if you
>drain it by
>accident, you're not out a car till you get it recharged.
>
>Dan Masters,
>Alcoa, TN

Dan,
  I've got a nice set up for bench testing electrical components.
  Ma Bell uses a 12V re-chargable dry-cell unit on remote switching
components. ( don't know enough about the "phone system" to describe it
better than that)
 They are changed out every 18-24 months, irregardless of the condition.
 If you know someone who works for "MaBell", you can probably get one for
nothing.
 An uncle gave me one a couple of years ago. Fully charged it shows about
13 volts (given the accuracy (?) of my meter), and can be recharged with
a 2 amp or less charger.
 The thing I like best is - no worries about spilled acid on the bench or
else where in the shop

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]