hissing radiator

Subject: hissing radiator
From: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 16:24:39 -0600
Hi List!
I hope you're enjoying your MGs right now as much as I am!!  My radiator
has been acting crazy lately, though.  Sometimes it will leak out of the
lower hose...where it joins the radiator, but it only leaks after I've
turned the car off.  It happens every few days.  The other day, I parked
on a slope w/the overflow tube (I have a 76 which wasn't equipped with
an overflow bottle) was pointing down, and it leaked from there.  Today
I drove it and when I got home, the overflow (or else the rad. cap) was
hissing loud.  Any suggestions?  The temp gauge stays centered at the N
and I have a 195 T'stat.

Thanks!

--
Tyson Sherman