Lumpy Idle Update

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lumpy Idle Update
From: Alan Lott <lottala@mail.auburn.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 10:41:49 -0600
Hi y'all,

Well, almost all of my trouble (probably 90%) has been eliminated by
replacing the exhaust/intake manifold gasket and the 6 small gaskets
between the intake and the carbs. I think the remainder may be due to a
worn distributor and a worn cylinder head. I suppose these will be my next
two projects. Anyone ever done their own valve guide replacement and valve
grinding? Thanks again for all of the help :)

Alan Lott

1971 MGB

Oh, FYI. I couldn't justify ordering just the gaskets from Moss or one of
the other suppliers (shipping alone would have killed me $$$, so I ordered
them from my local Auto Zone. Fel-pro gaskets (good quality)...the
exhaust/intake gasket and the six smaller gaskets cost me $12 total and I
had it in less than 2 days. The part # for the set is "MS 22506 B". The
individual numbers are : "21674" (carb to United States manifold) and
"22506" exhaust/intake gasket.