Re: Engine Paint Success

To: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: Re: Engine Paint Success
From: Williams/MG Guy <mgguyc100@newedge.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 18:21:02 -0700 (MST)
Back in mid-January, I posted this question:

>> Now, another question, this time regarding the engine 'burgundy' for my
>B. I
>> know Moss sells replica paint, but living in Canada, most shippers don't
>> like sending flamables, so I've attempted to track down Moss' listing for
>an
>> RM colour #E3123M. No luck....

Then, I received this reply from the list:

>Terry, speaking as the guy who for several years supplied Moss with their
>spray paints, I can tell you my records list E-3126-M as the color for the
>MGA/B engine. I put R/M (Rinshed-Mason) paint in the cans, but there is a
>possibility that reference number was just a number used by the people who
>supplied me the bulk paint. Still, it's different from the one you quoted
>so maybe it will work, eh?
>
>Lawrie

Inoring the potential for Canadian stereotypes in that comment, today, I
wandered into a near-by auto parts supply, who stock RM paints, handed the
gent the above code, and walked away with a pint of perfect MG engine 'maroon'.

Thanks Lawrie, and here's to the power of this list!

Thoughtcha'd all like to know the caliber of our listers.

Terry WIlliams
Halifax, NS
'70 BGT
'68 roadster (coming along nicely)