Re: Buick seatbelts - hold the torch, I'll explain...

To: "don" <brgmgb@napanet.net>
Subject: Re: Buick seatbelts - hold the torch, I'll explain...
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 18:12:29 -0600
Hi Don,
I'm surprised you haven't incurred many quick flames on that one! Maybe
you're new, so they're giving you a break. hehe
We just had a BIG discussion on seatbelts recently, and the overwhelming
suggestion is DO NOT replace your belts with anything but new ones, PLUS --
anything you find in a 'yard will be weather or crash weakened.
There is a company called Snake-Oyl (sp?) which specializes in rebuilding
seatbelts. You can find the ad in Hemmings. (anyone got the # handy?)
I figured I'd save you the flames from the safety-conscious that I took for
my opinion on the matter. It went something like, "if I crash hard enough to
snap that old faded belt, my LBC would probably flip and squish me anyway,
right?" or something...

Dan
a daredevil, but my belts aren't that bad, only brown, not gray!
'73 B