Re: MGB Jack Failure

To: Bob MGT <BobMGT@aol.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Jack Failure
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 22:21:22 -0800
Bob MGT wrote:
> I won't
> bother to  have it fixed because I will never, never, never use the standard
> jack again. I will keep an old fashioned scissor jack in the trunk, and jack
> up one wheel at a time like god intended. I'd like to know if anybody else has
> run into this problem.

        I tried to jack my car up using the original jack once.  The PO
replaced the
rockers and spot-welded the little tube back in place.  It sheared off almost
instantly, so I bought a bottle-type jack to use in emergencies instead.  I
imagine
it'll work, and it makes me feel better knowing my car isn't the only one
without a
stupid little jacking tube!

--
Michael S. Lishego