Re: Transmission Filler Location on a '73 B

To: Dan Ray <danray@bluegrass.net>
Subject: Re: Transmission Filler Location on a '73 B
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 00:07:11 -0500
Dan Ray wrote:

> Now that I got off my butt and looked at it on this rainy day...
> The "console" runs all the way back to the armrest, so I need to look at the
> carpeted section behind the seats? Or do I have to unscrew the console
> section surrounding the gearshift and look under there?

  I unscrewed the console just to pull it forward a little
and access it from the right hand seat. It's really an awful
place.

  Ensure that you can get the dipstick out before you drain
the tranny. Then my suggestion is to buy the typical cheap
plastic siphon that all stores sell. Set the oil jug on top
of the windshield and sit in the seat holding it like you
were offering a beer to God.

  ...an hour later, it'll be full. It siphons REALLY slowly
because of the viscosity, but it's better then doing it in
5 minutes and spending the rest of the year smelling the
oil you spilled.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada