Midget Horsepower

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Midget Horsepower
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 23:36:39 EST
We had 12 inches of snow dropped on us over the weekend and are, for all
intents and purposes, snowed in.  Since I don't feel like folding
laundry, I am working on my Midget reference manual; this is just
information from a number of sources for future reference, as well as my
notes on the modifications I made (so that in the future I won't be
scratching my head thinking, "Now, why and how in the hell did I do
that?").

Does anyone know the factory horsepower figures for the 1979 Midget 1500
(US model, Federal specifications)?  I'd like the following:

        Unloaded (at the flywheel, no accessories).
        Loaded (at the flywheel, with accessories).
        Final Horsepower (at the rear wheels).

Also, can anyone tell me the differnce between the F and G grade pistons
in the 1500?

Thanks!

Rich
79' Midget  "Miss Molly"