Re: Scratches in windscreen

To: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Scratches in windscreen
From: Marten Dubourcq <dubourcm@db.erau.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 00:56:32 -0500 (EST)
The guy at the glass shop I went to just took a drill with some special
buffing wheel and liquid, buffing the areas at a fairly low rpm.  There
was no distortion I could see, but it only helped the already barely
noticable scratches and not some much the ones I really wanted taken care
of.  I think the buffing that your guy is talking about would be a lot
more intense, therefore some distortion would be possible.  Actaully,
while calling around almost every place that didn't do any buffing was
for that very reason, "Distortion". What kind of buffing process would
that be anyway?  All I really want is to lessen
the serverity of the scratches, not eliminating them entirerly!  Anyone?