Re: Re: MGA - Will all these parts fit together ???? Addendum

To: barneymg@juno.com, owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net, mike.cousins@wsnelson.com
Subject: Re: Re: MGA - Will all these parts fit together ???? Addendum
From: MGSMGBGT <MGSMGBGT@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 08:10:40 EST
In a message dated 3/11/98 12:26:50 AM, barneymg@juno.com wrote:

>The MGB 5-main engine does not have a mechanical tachometer drive.  So
>you need an electric tach.  And, to keep appearances in order, You want
>to obtain the electric tach from the same model MGB as the aforementioned
>flywheel, 1965-1967.  Follow the wiring diagram for the MGB when
>installing this tach.  If you have converted your MGA from positive earth
>to negative earth, this tach can also be converted from positive earth to
>negative earth, just ask.  But don't ask me, I have one but haven't
>needed to use it yet.
>
>Barney Gaylord
>1958 MGA with an attitude

That procedure was explained in the Moss catalog.  Whether or not it is
presently, I do not know.  The easiest way to do this is to send it to John
Twist at University Motors in Grand Rapids MI.  John will convert it,
calibrate it and send it back.  Cost was about $25 plus shipping if I remember
correctly, $40 at most.

Bob Shaw