Moss Carpet kit

Subject: Moss Carpet kit
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@pswtech.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 11:15:07 -0600
I have the trunk carpet kit for my MGB, I was kind of dissappointed by
what I got. It's basically 5 pieces of carpet that, with a couple of
pieces that are cut/sewn to fit over the fenders and on the back wall.
I'm debating on how to install it...

I think the best way to do the side pieces over the fender is to use
spray contact adhesive (like for a headliner).

for the part on the back of the trunk, I think I should glue the carpet
on a piece of fiberboard or something and velcro that to the front wall
of the trunk. Use the same technique for the piece that goes part of the
trunk against the back of the car.

On the bottom, I was going to trim the bottom piece with a little more
precision and then have the edge sewn up at an upholstery shop and just
lay it on the bottom.  Although, if the board technique works well, I
may use that for the bottom...

The more I think about it, glueing the pieces to fiberboard may be the
best way to make it look clean. One of the things I needed to accomplish
was to not have raw edges of carpet showing....

I'm not really excited about glueing the sides, but I guess if someone
wanted to remove the carpet, they'd just have to spend some time
cleaning out the glue.

Any other hints?

One more question.  Does the Moss deluxe interior kit come the same way,
or is it more "finished"?
--
John Steczkowski
Director, Business Systems Solutions, Central & West