RE: NON-LBC - Opel GT Question

To: "'Christopher Delling'" <saschris@flash.net>,
Subject: RE: NON-LBC - Opel GT Question
From: "Nunez, Eduardo" <Eduardo.Nunez@eng.ped.gmeds.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 15:45:08 -0500
I remember them!  Looked like a miniature Corvette to me, but with more
curves.  A friend had one, back around '79-82.   His was pretty
unreliable, but fun to drive when it ran.  I think it had around a 2
litter engine, Zenith(?) carburator, steel body, 4 speed, leather
interior, German made.  Hide-away headlamps are cable operated, a real
fun (NOT!) job to adjust and get working in sync.  Interior seemed
pretty compact, and neither my friend or myself is over 5'10".  He tried
to autocross it a couple of times but never did well, even in the hands
of some other more skilled drivers.  Gave up when the reliability
problems got worse.  Still sitting in his parents back yard in Texas (I
think?).  I've seen people stuff big V-8's in them but I surely do not
know how - the engine bay is very cramped, even for the 4 banger in it.,
especially in a the vertical direction.  But a pretty cool looking car
none the less.  They're pretty rare now.

Ed Nunez