Re: Chunnel question

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, <palte@rt.el.utwente.nl>
Subject: Re: Chunnel question
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 98 10:44:06 -0000
>It's been a long time since I've been to Britain and I've always taken
>one of the ferries between Holland and Britain.
>
>However, nowadays with the Channel tunnel between France and Britain,
>I wonder at which side of the road you drive through the tunnel...
> the R.H. side (as in France) or the L.H. side (as in Britain)?
>Or, do you have to cross over, half-way?

Sadly, it's not as exciting as that. I took a car over a couple of years
ago. You sit in your car in a metal carriage with two other cars for
company. You can't even look out of the window. Oh, they do provide a
toilet (restroom for the Yanks) in each carriage and you can tune your
car radio to the Le Shuttle station! The whole thing is so damn good, you
don't even realise you're moving. Amazing feat of engineering but no
character (bit like a Lexus!)

The best thing about my trip was that I was sharing the carriage with a
Testarossa and an Aston Martin DB6. Bliss!

Having said all this, I do fancy the idea of the passenger Eurostar
service. Imagine getting on a train in London and hopping off in Paris.
Cool!

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk