Re: IOOOFs

To: ccrobins@ktc.com
Subject: Re: IOOOFs
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 12:27:32 -0700
I should clarify that "undress occasions" refers to those times when the
full uniform is not worn and regular clothing is called for.

For example - Let us assume that the dress uniform is a tweed jacket with
elbow patches worn over a v-neck wool sweater with shirt and tie, tweed
pants - preferable plus fours with argyle socks and leather oxfords,
string-back gloves and a flat cap.  The undress uniform could be the same
outfit without the jacket but worn with a crested shop coat or perhaps the
sweater could be a pullover also suitably crested with the appropriate
marque insignia.  Brogues could replace the oxfords.

The insignia of the appropriate class of the Order would be worn with
full-size medals and ribbons on the dress uniform but with miniatures or
simply with ribbons on the undress outfit.  The wearing of miniatures could
be tolerated on still more casual outfits.  The crest of the Order could be
used on shirts, ties and caps.

Now if someone with artistic ability and a good computer would design the
appropriate badge and insignia we would be in business.

John