Spring prices

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spring prices
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 15:21:19 EST
It's been an interesting morning - about 2" of snow in CT (where did that
come from?)
A good friend of mine is returning to Holland this month after 5 years,
for the last two
he has been the proud owner of a 76 roadster which could best be
described as a beater since it has copious rust in all those places we
know and love and an interior that needed renewing 2 years ago! - he was
intent on selling the car for $4000 - i told him he was being - shall we
say - ambitious and that it was at best worth about half that,
Anyway, he called last night and said he had a guy coming to look at it
this morning and would i pop over to answer any questions the guy might
have - off i went (in a jeep cos of the snow) feeling a bit uncertain -
he's a good friend but i didnt want to sell the man a pig in a poke since
i still live here!!
Didnt have to! - the man was one of the buyers we all dream about - never
owned one before (admired them as a kid etc) and the only other one he
had looked at was a 79 at $6000 or so from a dealer.
It was sold at 3750 in about 15 minutes........ I didnt ask him if he
needed a bridge!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster
(all for sale at $10,000 a pop if this is really the market!)