Re: FUEL TANK SENDING UNIT

To: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: FUEL TANK SENDING UNIT
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 04:22:06 -0600 (CST)
You wrote:

>Drove up to Moss this morning and picked up a fuel tank sending unit
>for my 74 BGT.  Will be tackling the job tomorrow morning - can anyone

>give me any hints on how to remove the locking ring without the
special
>tool?  I assume it just pushes in and twists to line up with the tabs
>but want to make sure before starting.  Thanks
>
>Rick
><http://home.ptd.net/~mgrick/council.htm>

Just liberally spray the lock ring area with WD40 or other similar
spray lub and allow some penetration time. tap the lock ring tabs one
at a time with suitable chisel/ hammer combination in the counter
clockwise direction. I hope you also purchased a new lock ring and seal
while you were at the warehouse.
Safety Fast,
David Deutsch