Re: All in a day's work, but still rich.

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: All in a day's work, but still rich.
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 00:49:18 -0500
Paul Hunt wrote:
> Sounds like hugely worn, or incorrect jets/needles.

  Tuned it again today and it seems great now. Lots of
power right up to redline and probably past.

  I am wondering if I was turning the jets backwards some
of the time yesterday. It seemed like I was leaning out
the carbs more and more and more and could never get it
right, but maybe I was going back and forth. When I opened
the suction chambers and looked they really weren't that
lean.

  For those who have adjusted the carbs in this car with
the air filters in, you know what I mean. You have to bend
your hand around 17 corners to reach the nut and madly swing
a wrench at the nut to try to do something.

  Seems great tonight. Made a plateless illegal run and scared
my passenger a fair bit. His clenching handprints are still
in the dust on the dash.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada