Re: runs great except

To: RobMGB <RobMGB@aol.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: runs great except
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 22:32:24 -0500
At 10:03 PM 3/18/98 EST, RobMGB wrote:

>I have 74B with 24k on complete engine rebuild and 12k on rebuilt hif4 carbs.

>Car has crane electronic ignition and runs great except for one thing.

>Cruising at about 60mph if I go uphill or accelerate I sometimes feel a little

>hesitation and slight garbling from the exhaust, not a backfire. Anyone got

>any suggestions.

If you're having problems while the engine is under load, then my first guess
would be a weak spark.  check those points, and check to make sure the dizzy is
functioning properly.

Check vacuum advance, and check to see what kind of spark you are getting if
you hold a plug wire end near your engine block.  Depending on your coil specs,
you should get a healthy spark(maybe 3/8").  If your ignition system checks out
fine, then diagnose the fuel system.  Make sure it's getting plenty of gas.

Good luck

Jay

Jurgen Hartwig, Civil Engineering, Georgia Tech

and the world rejoiced

Try to live your life so that

when you die you will rejoice

and the world will cry.