Re: 71 MGB Trunk Question

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Bob MGT" <BobMGT@aol.com>
Subject: Re: 71 MGB Trunk Question
From: "John McCauley" <jege@dock.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 20:36:59 -0800
Bob-

My '74 had a rubber mat in it when I got it a couple years ago.  It was
just a large piece of rubber with carpet on top of it the the previous
owner had cut to fit the trunk, and it didn't really bother me, so I left
it in.  The problem is, I had to start keeping my car outside and the trunk
leaked a bit because the lid was slightly bowed.  A little bit of water got
under the mat and couldn't evaporate, and I didn't notice it until I went
to vacuum the trunk out quite a while later.  There was a bit of a rust
problem because of this, so I highly recommend you take it out.

FWIW,
Greg McCauley