.015" on Valve Cover Plate

To: <MGS@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: .015" on Valve Cover Plate
From: ray.rockwell@wg.com
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 98 08:30:27 -0500
     Hello all,

     The plate on the valve cover of my 53TD specifies .015" for valve
     settings. This is not the original engine (16330 engine SN) my late TD
     came with. The cover looks like a TD cover.

     Any ideas what kind of car this came off of?

     I just purchased a new cam which has larger lobes. As an admitted
     novice and therefore not trying to assume anything, how can I be sure
     if I should be going the .019" or .012" route if there are such
     routes? Is there something visible I can verify? I cannot read any
     numbers off the old cam. Any other potential land mines I should watch
     out for (tappets, pushrods, timing gears, valves, etc) before/while
     installing the 'different looking' cam?

     Thank in advance for any assistance!

     Ray Rockwell
     Cary, NC