Speedo cable help (QUICK!!!)

Subject: Speedo cable help (QUICK!!!)
From: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 20:09:58 -0600
Why does it always seem I'm posting these QUICK!!! messages?  My
dashboard is in pieces right now trying to install the speedometer cable
on my 76 `B.  The cable doesn't seem to want to go into the back of the
speedometer.  It consists of the square part (the part that does the
work), the white plastic piece (round), and the black outside rubber.
Then there's the metal nut that screws onto the instrument.  Well the
nut doesn't reach the threads on the speedometer for some reason.  I'm
not sure if there's too much of the white piece or too much square
driven piece.  Any suggestions on what to cut or file?

Thanks a bunch!!

--
Tyson Sherman
http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman