MGA - Do they shrink??

To: "'MG submission'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGA - Do they shrink??
From: "Cordell, Ralph PhD" <rzc4@cdc.gov>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 09:54:47 -0500
        Well folks - last week it roared - this week it actually
moved!!!  It has been at least 15 years but yesterday I actually drove
my MGA.  It still has a long way to go - no lights, no bumpers, no
brakes (except for the hand brake) but I was able to tool around the
'hood a bit on a beautiful spring day.  I didn't get to to finish as
much as I'd planned as I spent Saturday up in Gainesville running my
chain saw as part of a cleanup crew after the tornado that hit north
Georgia.  Those folks really caught it.  However, I will be taking the
next few days off and will be getting it licensed as well as more
streetworthy.  The one thing I noticed is that my car seems to have
shrunk and I fit in there a lot tighter than I did when I was 18 - do
those things shrink?
Thanks again for all your help.  I am really impressed by the
responsiveness of the folks on this list.

ralph cordell
'59 MGA
'84 Turbo Regal
'87 Grand National