L.E. sidestripes & suspension tension

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: L.E. sidestripes & suspension tension
From: Bob Holton <bholton@golden.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 06:57:33 -0800
Greetings from Southern(somewhat snowy) Ontario,

My 80 b le, had the side stripes removed by the PO to have a "Diamond
Coat" (tm) finish applied when the car lived in Florida many years ago.
I wonder if another le owner could give me a measurement from the bottom
of the door to the bottom of the stripe.  I'm going to apply a new set
of stripes when it gets a bit warmer.  The pictures of other le's do not
give me a good indication of that dimension.

Also.. I've replaced all the rubber bushing in the front (v8's and such)
and remembered a thread saying not to tighten things up until road
weight is back on the suspension, I have the car on stands now, with the
front stands under the smaller end of the A-arms.  Is that enough weight
on the works ?  Or do I need to get the tires back on and the B back on
the ground.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Holton