Re: Rebound straps & new Springs

To: "Baker, G." <gbaker@customcpu.com>
Subject: Re: Rebound straps & new Springs
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 11:51:30 -0800 (PST)
Dear Gregg,

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Baker, G. wrote:

=%O   After installing new rear springs on my 68B I noticed the frame(which is
=%Obare)
=%Owas not low enough for the shock arms or the rebound straps to attach to the
=%Oaxel.

The exact same situation pertained when I recently replaced the shocks on
my 70 B-GT. I used the GT springs (one additional leaf or so I am told).

=%OAfter letting it sit for months I put some weight on the back (2 large boys)
=%Oand
=%Owas able to spring it enough to attach both.

I had two of my neighbors and my wife (who isn't very big, but was
standing there anyway) sit in the back before I could attach the strap.

=%OThe rebound strap is TIGHT.

The strap is TIGHT on my car too. And it worries me too!!!

=%OIs this
=%Othe way it should be?

I don't know if it is either, I hope we can get the opinions of those who
are "in the know" out there on this issue.

=%OI don't see an alternative other than messing with
=%Othe new
=%Osprings and I think that would be bad.
=%OThanks for the time in response.
=%OGregg Baker
=%O

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin
Molecular Biology &
  Biochemistry
3205 BioSciences II