Oil Pressure Concerns

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oil Pressure Concerns
From: Fred Krampits <fred@hprrc725.rose.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 12:27:51 -0800
I have a midget MK I 1098CG. When I start the car cold the oil pressure
immeadiately starts at 60 psi. As the car heats it lowers the pressure,
fully warmed up at idle the oil pressure is either just above or just
below 20 psi. At 3500 rpm it is around 30-35 psi. This has me very
concerned about any long trips in the car, 25 miles or longer. The
odometer says 99,470 (however I have another one at home that says
77,000), so mileage is really unknown. I leak oil from the rear of the
motor but have no blue smoke in exhaust. In my readings I see mention of
an oil cooler helping, however the 1275 motor is the one mostly
mentioned as needing one. Could a oil cooler help me, I see VB has them
listed, also I see that an oil thermostat is recommended so the oil
doesn't get too cold. Any ideas ?

Fred
1963 Midget MK I 1098CG