Welding inner fenders without creating fireballs?

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Welding inner fenders without creating fireballs?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 02:48:07 -0500
I have a 1970 MGB, I just finished preparing a new pair
of fenders to go on it.

  While I have the front end dismantled, I would also like to
weld in a few patches on the inner fender to keep things
watertight and solid.

  How much of the fuel system am I going to have to disassemble?

  Specific to the B, is there a join in the fuel line somewhere between
the carbs and the pump? Also, if I remove the line from the pump
forward will it leak from gravity? Or is the pump reasonably fuel
tight when turned off?

  Thanks for all tips.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.