Re: 12 Volt battery size for MGAs

To: Mark Moburg <markmoburg@mindspring.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 12 Volt battery size for MGAs
From: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 16:03:24 -0800
I don't know the Group I put in Darlin, but...

I did carry the old battery in to (then) Western Auto, now Parts America
and asked for a battery that was the same size. ... had measuring tape in
hand.

Since this question seems to pop up every month or so, and since I know the
battery I put in the MGA JUST BARELY FIT by about 1/8" or less... I went
out and got the info off the label for you... No, I did not measure it, but
probably could be persuaded to do so for a fee! ;-)

Here ya' go...

Battery purchased at what was Western Auto. Part # 65-6626-9, 470 amps,
Group Size 26P

It fits in the original tray just fine, but, more importantly, can be
finnegled through the access hole   if you hold your mouth right!

So there you have it! Hope this helps...

Carol