Burning oil and checking gas

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Burning oil and checking gas
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 21:53:04 -0600 (CST)
Took Adam's car out for a little 450 mile round trip from Long Island
to Oneonta, NY. Adam's starting college there in the fall and we when
for an orientation thing. 19 gallons of gas and 7 quarts of oil is what
this trip used. Time to pull the engine again. This was the last time I
go the "good used (low milage on rebuilt) engine" route. Half of the
usage is from valve guide seals and the other half is pissing out the
rear seal. I did see a noticable reduction in usage when we ran it
under 3000 RPMs. It was a great adventure any way.
Safety Fast,
David Deutsch