Re: Lucas Fuses

To: Ronald Olds <tr6@pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: Lucas Fuses
From: Graham McCann <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 08:21:15 +1000
At 01:14 pm 7/04/98 -0500, Ronald Olds wrote:
>I have a question regarding Lucas fuses in an article in the latest MG
>magazine (No. 68 page 25). It stated that a Lucas 35 amp fuse is designed
>to blow at 17 amps. An American type 35 amp would blow at 35 amps. Can
>anyone explain to me why a Lucas fuse wold blow at 17 amps?  Is this just a
>typical example of  fine Lucas technology?
>
>Ron Olds

Put a 35 amp fuse in and you will have a fuse containing "wire" thicker
than some of the car's integral wiring.

You can still get 35 amp blow, 17 amp continuous fuses but they are not
that easy to find.  Better to replace the blown fuses with no more than 20
amp.  If they blow then you have some other problem the fuse is trying to
advise you about.

regards,

Graham
97 MGF