Re: 65 B

To: flybirds@erols.com
Subject: Re: 65 B
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 08:15:20 EDT
On Tue, 14 Apr 1998 06:40:59 -0700 Kevin Richards <flybirds@erols.com>
writes:
>I was checking out the local for sale ads and I found a 65 B
>When I went to check it out, it was in rough shape....Rot everywhere,
>and the guy tried, I repeat tried, to weld in ANGLE IRON to the
>underside of the car to "repair" the vehicle. The only saving grace is
>that it has an intact engine and tranny....probably needs
>rebuilding...and he has a garage full of spare parts including 3
>windshields, a hardtop, various grilles, exhausts, wire wheels, etc...
>My question to the list is:
>If I bought this package and salvaged the drivetrain etc from the
>rusting hulk...and got the parts.....would these parts (engine and
>tranny) be saleable to the MG community...or be able to be used on
>later
>MK one MGs?
>Oh yeah...it is for sale for $500.
>
>Kevin Richards
>77B

Kevin - $500 is not unusual for a parts car and with a load of other
spares like you mention i have no doubt youd get your money back after
one swap meet - and then some! Dont forget, early rear axles and other
parts particular to early Bs are hard to come by, Hard tops are in great
demand - and if the thing has a title as well!!.....If youve got the
space for it id say  go for it!! - plus - you learn an awful lot from
taking one apart which will hepl you with your "real" car!! -

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster