RE: Left hand drive

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Subject: RE: Left hand drive
From: "EPMD- van syckel, John" <vansyck@hq.1perscom.heidelberg.army.mil>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 14:56:00 +0200
I don't think there is a reason why some countries drive on the left and
other countries drive on the right. One has to be on the same side of the
road to prevent collisions.  I think someone just decided that this is side
we will drive on.  Hell, I don't know.  I do know that in the military, that
the subordinate walks to the left of the superior, so that the subordinate
can draw his sword (from left to right) and have the sword in a position to
defend the superior.  Does this have any bearing on which side we drive on?
Haven't a clue.

Jay