Midget Leg Room (Was Multiple responses....)

To: ccrobins@ktc.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Midget Leg Room (Was Multiple responses....)
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 22:07:51 EDT
Charley:

On Tuesday, 21 April 1998, at 8:54, you wrote:

>Didn't installing that styrofoam (sp?) cut down on the leg room?
>I'm a little guy but I sometimes wish the tunnel was narrower in my B.

Well, it cut it down a bit, and I need to move my accelerator pedal over
about 1/4" from its original position to place it directly under the ball
my foot.  However, I only lost 1/2" on the inside panels (and I'll lose
another 1/2" if I do it to the out-side panels as well).  There's an
embossed hump on the left side tranny tunnel about right next to the
pedals; sticks out 3/8" -- more or less, this is the practical limit of
the foot well as my foot rests/rubs against it.  With the panel back in
place and carpet back over the hump, it's level with the top of the
remainder of the panel.  I don't really notice a difference.

In retrospect, I think I would cut down on more noise by placing more
felt behind the remainder of the panels, and putting a divider behind my
rear bulkhead panel.

However, this is on a '79 Midget -- a MGB has all the room of the Titanic
by comparison....  I've conned, err, convinced my uncle into buying a
74.5 MGB, and will probably do the same to it (I already know I get to be
his mechanic), and will let you know how it works out.

Rich