RE: More Exhaust :) -- clamping vs. welding (MGB)

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: More Exhaust :) -- clamping vs. welding (MGB)
From: "Miller, John" <John_Miller@jdedwards.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 06:16:58 -0600
You can use clamps to save the effort and expense of welding the exhaust,
but once you drive the car for a few months the pieces seem to weld
themselves together due to the heat of the exhaust.  So you'll still end up
cutting if you need to remove/replace anything.

John Miller
76B with 5 clamps on the exhaust and no welding

        Anyone out there put an exhaust together sans welding? I know it's
possible.
        I want to clamp the pieces together, with NO welding, so I can
replace parts
        without cutting AND do it myself! (and easily adjust or remove for
warranty
        if leaks spring anywhere)