Emission system

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Emission system
From: Tim Richardson <tkrich@sirius.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 06:52:44 -0700
Thanks to all that responded to my last question.  My 78B is getting =
closer to reliable each week as I discover and un-do the "modifications" =
that the PO left for me.  Today I found that the breather hose from the =
oil separator/flame trap has been disconnected from the carb and a cap =
was put on the pipe.  Can anyone tell me what this line does?  I have =
ordered a new hose to replace the rotted out old one, but I'm wondering =
what connecting this back up might do to my tuning.=20

I live in Fresno, CA and it gets pretty hot here in the summer.  I have =
been having some problems with the car running hotter than I think it =
should, even when the temperature outside is only 80 degrees.  I'm going =
to have real problems when it gets to 100.  I have installed a =
thermostat (the PO had removed it and didn't put in a sleeve) and that =
has helped quite a bit, but after I run the car on the freeway at 65-70 =
for 10 minutes or so, the temp gauge starts getting up towards the red =
zone.  I think it might be a timing problem, but I would like =
suggestions from you more experienced MG drivers out there.

Thanks for your help,

Tim

78B, beautiful, but under construction