Re: Front License Plates on a RBB

To: "Miller, John" <John_Miller@jdedwards.com>
Subject: Re: Front License Plates on a RBB
From: "Christopher G. Moog" <cgmoog@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 18:51:18 -0400
Miller, John wrote:

> Could anyone tell me how they are mounted on the
> front of a rubber bumper B?  I'd hate to think you have to drill into the
> rubber to do it.

Most people drill into the bumper.  However if you reach behind the bumper
there are two holes.  These are threaded not sure of the size.  If you make two
U brackets and drill a hole in one end to bolt to the bumper and the other end
to the license.  (see crude drawing below the B's are the bumper the L's the
license and the lines are the bracket)  This is easier to do with the bumper
off of the car.

        L  | BBBBBBBBBBBBB  |
        L  | BBBBBBBBBBBBB  |
        L  | BBBBBBBBBBBBB  |