Re: Uneven front brake pad wear

To: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca
Subject: Re: Uneven front brake pad wear
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 23:26:00 EDT
It probably means that one or more of the following are present.
 1. Sticky caliper piston, resulting in increased drag on that pad.
 2. Badly worn surface on one side of the disc. IF the well worn pad was
an inside (toward the center) one, Check for damage to the rotor surface
from road crud, stones etc haveing damaged the surface.
 3.  One caliper not centerd on the rotor.  Though not ususal, it can
occur and if sever enough, cause a  pad to drag. Usually, though, minor
off-centered calipers will be compensated by the caliper piston's natural
self adjusment.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget