Re: MGB Desires

To: "Michael Young" <young_98_98@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Desires
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 19:06:30 -0500
Michael,
Welcome to the list!
I've been there...done that, bought my B last January.
I'll send you an article I wrote for the web which you'll find useful, no
sense in you learning the lessons that I already have! It should answer a
lot of your questions.
I would say now, though, $2000 won't get you much unless you are real lucky,
and even at $2k, you'll spend another 1-2K on fixing it for safety and
driveability, no matter what. $3K is a bit more realistic, as long as you
have a good job. :)
That's ok, though, don't be in a hurry, and pinch your pennies while you
shop for a good deal. Ask and learn from this list above all!
On the other hand, if you "need" one right now, at this time of year for
that price...expect less of a driver and more of a "Lucasian Demon Spawn
from Hell". :)
Dan
'73 B