leaf springs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: leaf springs
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 15:05:56 EDT
Last week while working on my 69 in preparation for its forthcoming
renaissance i noticed that the rear offside wheel was suspiciously set
back about an inch and a half.....looked underneath and sure as i feared
- another broken leaf spring.
I was a bit miffed since i only put the rear end in about 6 months ago
but cheapskate that i am i had recycled the old leaf springs thinking
"what could possibly be wrong with them?"turned out to be a "false
economy" but in turn led to a "blessing in disguise" (you want metaphors?
- we got metaphors!) since i dont have any old springs left i had to
order a pair of new ones - got here from California in 2 days and in the
car on the third - WOW - not only is the car now level (read 4" higher at
the back) but id handles better than any B i have ever driven! - despite
the fact that i had to use an old seat frame with a car cover for
uphoulstery i went for a 50 mile spin-  what an incredible difference(oh
- and you want 4 wheel drift? - we got 4 wheel drift!)
I had forgotten what they handle like with new leafsprings - the whole
thing cost $225, including u bolts and bushings,took 2 hours to put in
and i seriously suggest that any of you who think your springs may be
tired invest the money at the earliest convenience - you wont be
disappointed!!!!
BTW  - i did as learned here some time ago and put in the GT 7 leaf
version
Now im going to get another set for the GT!! - hehe

mike robson
69 roadster that'll kick yer arse!
70 BGT
72 roadster