FS: 1973 MG B

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: FS: 1973 MG B
From: Glenn Wakefield <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 15:28:19 -0700 (PDT)
Well, I have finally decided to sell the B, rather than just pay to
leave it in storage.  My job, has not allowed me the time to do the
last little bit required to put her back on the road again.  Car has
not be driven since last fall, when I started my mini restoration.

Details are below:

1973 MG B
Harvest Gold in color
Parts listed as new have less than 10 miles on them.

Transmission: (Non 0/D)
New clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, flex hose
Rebuild kits in master and slave
New U Joints

Brakes
New Rear Cylinders, & Pads
Rebuild kit in Master

Ignition
Pextronix electronic ignition with 100 or so miles
New Sport Coil

Wheels
5 Rostyle wheels (4 have been repainted)
4 Good tires

Engine
Engine ran strong before I started all this, doesn't seem to burn any
oil.  FWIW, previous owner thought it had been rebuilt :)

Body
Paint job is good
Body is showing a couple of rust bubbles on the hood, and a few small
holes in the sills.  Trunk floor needs to be replaced. This is the big
work left to make this car very nice.

Interior
New Carpet set, New Panels, New seat pads and foam
No tears in seat covers
New Sony Cassette deck, it currently is not in car
Top is in good shape
Boot cover comes with the car, but seems to have a shrunk a "tad" over
the winter

Electrically the car is sound everything but the horn works

Carbs
Weber DGV currently installed
I have the original HIF that will come with the car

Exhaust needs to be replaced but the new exhaust will be here Monday

Car started right up when I went out to the storage unit today.
However, it has a rather lumpy idle and could use a decent tuneup.
Good oil pressure.  I am only selling as I am spending all of my time
on the road, and doesn't make any sense to keep paying storage for
this car.

Car is located in Greenville, SC.  I am leaving on business for most
of the summer, but I can be available on a weekend to show the car to
a Serious buyer.  Please leave voice mail at 864-676-5698.  I am
looking for a quick cash sale with an asking price of $3200.  I won't
tell you what I have in it, cause it will just depress me :)

If anyone is local, I will be in Greenville most of this week.  Give
me a call at the hotel at 213-9698.

Thanks,

Glenn Wakefield
glenn.wakefield@Jacobs.Com