TVR

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TVR
From: WSpohn4 <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 12:15:24 EDT
<< Hello all
         I have bought a TVR 2500. The one with the TR6 drivetrain. I can
find little info suport for this make. Is there any printed info? I did not
see anything in Hemmings. Does anyone have an internet address?
 Sam Haynes TR3 Original owner>>

Actually, there are 2 models with TR6 drive train, the 2500, which you
indicate you have, and the 2500M, which uses a totally different frame and
slightly different body. Which one do you have?
I prefer the earlier cars with the MG drive line. I race a Grantura Mk3 with a
3 main B engine done to fairly high spec with an HRG head and Webers. It
weighs in at around 1700 lbs. wet, so is a bit of an improvement on a B - like
being handed an extra 20 bhp. But in case I sound too smug, the Elva owners
are one step ahead of even the TVR with the same basic drive line, and about
250 fewer pounds.

The TR6 engined cars are heavier than the MG powered ones, and a hair slower,
but make excellent highway cruisers, being fairly smooth and long legged.

There are a few sites on the net for TVR - just do a search. I subscribed to
an English one for a while, at least until I found out that they didn't know
much about the early cars (not surprising - they made only 90 Mk3s), and were
more interested in finding good pubs than talking about their cars.
Hope you find a better one.

Incidentally, there were 385 2500 cars, distinguished by a 'T' , or '6T'
suffix in the serial number, built from 1970 to 1973, and 947 2500M cars with
suffix 'TM', built from 1971 to 1977. Not only did they overlap, but 96 cars
had new style chassis with old style bodies!

Bill S.