Electrical woes-update 2

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Electrical woes-update 2
From: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Sun, 03 May 1998 19:50:03 -0400 (EDT)
Well great news, at least in my house.  My B, which has been a 7 year project,
ran today for the first time.  A friend, who used to run a foreign car shop in
the Harrisburg, PA area 20-25 yrs ago, came over this morning and within a few
minutes told me I had the plug wires wrong.  I hate to admit that, especially
since I checked them several times.  After some work on the carb linkage the
engine fired right up.

It now starts as soon as I touch the key.  The PO said the engined had about
5,000 miles since a rebuild.  When I towed it home the car looked as it had not
run for a few years and that was 7 years ago.

The sweetest sound I have heard in awhile!

Unfortunately my clutch slave cylinder is froze and I'll have to wait until a
new one arrives before I can take the car for a spin.

The tach still pegs and the temperature and fuel gages do not register.  Could
they all be bad grounds?

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my pleas for help. I static timed the
car with the help of several e-mails and though it my need some fine tuning
once I run it some, it purrs pretty smooth as is with the static timing job.