Re: Judson supercharger

To: "Skye Poier" <skye@hoth.ffwd.bc.ca>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Judson supercharger
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 18:50:39 -0400
>> Its only about a 30-35% increase in power.  So you're looking at 125HP
from
>> a stock early MGB.  The main reason to have a supercharger, such as a
>> Judson, is for the kickass coolness factor.  It just looks neat... its
like
>> "wow, dude you've got a Judson on your car."
>
>Would you have to bump out the bonnet to fit it in a 'B?
>
>Skye

No, think of where the carbs are on an MGA and MGB.  :-)  I've got a picture
of an Eaton Supercharger on an MGB, no need to make any body mods.  (the
Judson is smaller, it fits better)

http://www.plantagenet.com/~mowogmg/mymods.htm

I've been advised against taking the Eaton route, as apparently the Eaton's
like to eat the bottom out of MGB engines

Alas, I'm still in search of a Judson in good condition.  (the buggers are
tough to find!)

--
Kai Radicke -- kmr@pil.net -- 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
IRC: irc.mcs.net, #inet-access (my nick: KMR or rebelgeek)