Re: GT questions

To: David Allen <dandr@mail.gwi.net>
Subject: Re: GT questions
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 21:32:23 -0500
As no one seems to be running to your cause. . .

David Allen wrote:

>    Will somebody take the time to explain, how the carpet pieces directly
> behind the rear wheelwells in my GT are attached? I think they are supposed
> to cover the tailights as well as the floor, but what holds them against
> the lights?

Nope. Carpet just laid on the floor in the back of the wings. I've never seen a
car (boasted as stock) that covered the lights and wiring.

>    I just painted my hood (bonnet) with acrylic enamel and hardener,sanded
> the final coat and rubbed it out. Just noticed that I have tiny aluminum
> specks, that show through the paint! What should I do? I do'nt mind repainting
> it, is there a special primer or sealer for aluminum?

I'm a paint neophyte. I assume that you either had left over silicone on the
aluminum shell from polishing, sprayed some WD-40 or similar near the hood prior
to painting, or didn't use an etch to remove aluminum oxide.

Or something else, I don't know.

>    Anybody have a Jaguar double SU fuel pump on their B ? I have one that I
> am rebuilding and would like to replace the aftermarket pump with it. How
> did you mount it ?

Nope. But I'd like your old, reliable, aftermarket pump if you wouldn't mind.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6