Re: Titles

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Titles
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@west.net>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 12:24:25 -0700
Keith Wheeler wrote:

> Fortunately this car is in Arkansas, where to get a title for a '60
> model anything that's been lost you walk in, raise your hand and
> say "I want a title for my 1960 whatever" and they go "ok".
>
> I'm in California.  The car and my family are in Arkansas.  Where do you
> think the car will be titled?

Keith:
        Luckily California is not completely draconian.  There is a
procedure for application for title on a car with lost papers.  The
vehicle must be inspected by an official to make sure the vin plate is
intact.  There is some paperwork to fill out, but nothing too nasty.  I
was able to title my 65 B race car without any hassles.  No prev.
paperwork necessary.  Cheap too, it cost about $40.00.  I figured that
things might tighten up so I titled all the vehicles I had lying around.

Kelvin.